This programme is suitable for children between 5 and 6 years of age.
This programme is designed to follow on from beginner’s programme and intended to teach and build children’s vocabulary and reading skills by providing them with the knowledge of alternative spellings and introduce them to creative writing.
Contents of the Programme
- Revision of 42 letter sounds
- Continuation of building phonological awareness
- Consonant blends
- Tricky words- reading and spelling
- Picture and text comprehension and composition
- Introduction to creative writing
- Dictation of words and age appropriate sentences
- Independent reading, shared reading and guided reading